FREE CRAFT PROJECTS
Summer Craft Projects
SUMMER RIBBON FLIP FLOPSMATERIALS:
1 Pair Flip Flops (the inexpensive plastic type)
7 ½” wide buttons (in your favorite colors)
80 4” lengths of different types and widths of ribbon (in your favorite colors)
1. Starting on one side of the flip flop strap, begin tying the ribbons on the strap. NOTE: Do not tie the ribbons in a double knot. Instead, add a drop of glue to secure each knot. Continue tying and gluing each ribbon onto the strap until the strap is completely covered in ribbons.
2. Glue up to 7 buttons on each flip flop. Allow time for the glue to dry before wearing your flip flips. NOTE: You may need more or less lengths of ribbons depending on the size of your flip flops.
SUMMER FRUIT PRINTSMATERIALS:
Apples, Oranges, Lemons, Kiwis
White paper or Card Stock
1. Cut a piece of fruit in half.
2. Pour a little paint onto the paper plate. Spread it out on the plate.
3. Press the cut side of the fruit into the paint. Lift and press it onto the white paper or card stock. Be careful not to move the fruit around.
4. Gently lift up the fruit to see the print.
5. Fold your card stock in half and you can make great cards to send to your friends.
Sand (either colored sand purchased at a craft store OR bring back some sand from your beach trip)
1 LB Candle Wax
¾ oz blue dye block (if you would like to color your candle)
20 MM x 3 ½” Zinc Wick with Clip
Clear Acrylic Spray
1. Place sand in a large container. Add water to the sand until it forms a mixture that will pack down well.
2. Dig out the shape of the candle you would like to make. You can make any shape (circle, heart, cross).
3. Place the wicks into the bottom of the mold.
4. Heat wax to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. If you are using color in the wax, add it to the clear wax.
5. Fill the mold with the hot wax. Be sure to have an adult help you when handling hot wax.
6. Cool completely. Carefully dig out your candle. Seal the sand on the candle with clear acrylic spray.
Roll of Green Streamers
1. Cut the poster board into a 1” – 1 ½” strip that will fit around your waist.
2. Cut the roll of green streamers into lengths that will be long enough for your skirt.
3. Tape the green streamer lengths to the poster board strip, allowing them to hang down.
4. Finish by decorating with shells and silk flowers, attaching them at the top to cover any tape that might be seen.
5. Wrap your skirt around your waist and do the HULA!
Construction Paper (Dark Color)
Objects from your Yard or Objects from your House
1. Lay your construction paper on a flat surface in the sun. Arrange your objects flat on your paper in a nice pattern.
2. Leave in the sun for about an hour or so. Bring it inside and remove your objects. You will see that the paper is faded around the objects.
3. Have fun trying different objects and arranging them in different patterns. The possibilities are endless!
Caution: Some craft projects have small pieces that may not be suitable for small children. Parental supervision is required.