PUZZLE PIECE CHRISTMAS WREATHMATERIALS:
20-30 Small Puzzle Pieces
Green Paint or Spray Paint
Green Card Stock or Poster Board
12 Red Sequins
Piece of Red Ribbon or Yard 8” long
Piece or Red Ribbon or Yarn 12” long
1. Paint all of the puzzle pieces green using green paint and a brush or green spray paint.
2. Cut a doughnut shape out of the green card stock or poster board about 4” across with a hole in the middle.
3. After the puzzle pieces have dried, glue them onto the green doughnut in a random order.
4. Glue the sequins on in groups of three (like holly berries) in different areas of the wreath.
5. Take the longer piece of ribbon and tie into a bow and glue to the top of your wreath.
6. Take the shorter piece of ribbon and tie into a loop and glue to the back of the wreath for an ornament loop.
7. Trim your tree with your new ornament.
NOTE: You can also glue a small picture to the back of the ornament and use the wreath as a frame.
BEAD WREATH ORNAMENTMATERIALS:
30 Green Tri Beads
5 Red Round Beads (.24 inch)
Green Chenille Stem (6 inches long)
Red Ribbon or Yarn 8” long
Red Ribbon or Yarn 12” long
1. Use the green chenille stem and ,leaving space at each end, string the beads in the following order, 5 green beads, 1 red, 5 green, 1 red, 5 green, 1 red, 5 green, 1 red, 5 green, 1 red, 5 green.
2. Keep the beads very tight together and gently twist the two ends together to form a perfect circle.
3. Use the longer ribbon to tie a bow about 2” across and attach to the space at the top of the wreath.
4. Use the shorter ribbon to make a loop to hand the ornament.
5. Glue the two ribbons in place with white glue or hot melt glue.
CHRISTMAS TREE VOTIVE CANDLESMATERIALS:
10- ½” Green Round Plastic Jewels
1 ½” Gold Star Plastic Jewel
1 ½” Green Heart Plastic Jewel
3 1/8” Red Round Plastic Jewels
Clear Votive Cup
1. Begin at the top of your votive cup and glue the star first, then one round green jewel directly below that.
2. Glue TWO more green round jewels off center below that, then THREE round jewels off center below that, then FOUR round jewels off center below that to form a triangular tree shape.
3. Glue the green heart UPSIDE DOWN below the four jewels to form the trunk.
4. Glue the three red small jewels in the spaces in between to decorate your tree.
5. Insert a candle and enjoy your new candle.
GLITTER VOTIVE CANDLEMATERIALS:
Clear Votive Cup (Square or Rounded)
Large Grain Glitter (Gold or Christmas Colors work well)
1. Using the paint brush, brush glue all over the bottom ½ or more of the votive cup. (Do not glue the actual bottom of the cup or your candle will not sit flat when you are done.)
2. Roll the glued section of the votive cup in glitter and allow to dry.
Add a candle and enjoy!
CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENT FOR SMALL CHILDRENMATERIALS:
12” Green Chenille Stem
12-16 Red and White Pony Beads
8” Red Ribbon
1. Slide the pony beads onto the chenille stem alternating colors and leaving space between.
2. Bend the tree at the bottom forming a 2 ½” base for the tree. Continue bending the chenille stem back and forth making each bend a shorter length than the bend before it until you end up with a curl at the top of your tree.
3. Use the ribbon to form a loop and tie or glue to the top of your tree.
SCENTED HOMEMADE HOLIDAY CARDSMATERIALS:
2 sheets colorful multi purpose paper
2 cups water
Blender (Adult Supervision Required)
1. Tear paper into very small pieces.
2. Place the paper pieces, water, and couple of drops of scented oil into blender.
3. Blend to a pulp-like consistency.
4. Pour mixture into a bowl.
5. Allow the child to help spread the mixture evenly onto the screen and flatten.
6. Once dry, gently remove it from the screen.
7. Fold the paper in half to form a card and decorate with markers.
8. Give this card to someone you love!
Caution: Some craft projects have small pieces that may not be suitable for small children.